Selecting the right shape to complete the bunny puzzle.
Here she is identifying the shape she was placing on the puzzle,
"This is a blue diamond."
Learning about the color BLUE and using natural brushes to make different shapes...
We painted with natural straw brushes.
She is dabbing the paint on with her brush.
She was swirling her paint on with the straw brush.
He is pushing the straw brush down and turning it in circles.
Learning about colors and shapes with a sorting activity...
A sorting activity: they were gluing items on their paper in the appropriate squares.
Identifying the colors red, blue, yellow and green.
Working hard on their sorting activity.
One girl even made flowers by gluing a button on top of a pipe cleaner!
Learning about colors and shapes with various manipulatives in the block center...
Building a house using magnetic shapes of various colors.
He is concentrating on putting the snap blocks together.
He kept on turning the blocks around until he discovered which two ends fit.
Ohio Pre-Kindergarten Content Standards:
- Identify and describe shapes. (Geometry)
- Analyze, compare, create and compose shapes.
- Model shapes in the world by building shapes from components and drawing shapes.
- Compose simple shapes to form larger shapes.
- Measurement and Data: Classify objects into given categories; count the number of objects in each category and sort the categories by count.